Tuesday, June 23, 2009

For The Hatred of Ron Paul

I'd be willing to bet you couldn't guess who called Ron Paul supporters "terrorists" first.

Yeah, you know the whole MIAC report coming out about supporters of Ron Paul, among others, being terrorists? It wasn't the first time someone said that.

I watched Glenn Beck on CNN one night in 2007, and I was shocked at what he said. Finally, I've found the video:



I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but using the word "bomb" in reference to large amounts of money is an accepted term, and can even be found in a dictionary. (Entry "8".)

So, Glenn Beck said Ron Paul supporters are terrorists long before the MIAC Report. What did he say after the MIAC Report?



So, now Glenn is buddy-buddy with Ron Paul, making fun of anyone who says Ron Paul supporters are terrorists? I don't get it.

If you've been watching Glenn's show for as long as I have, you'll know about his frequent references to Ron Paul as "the mayor of Looneyville" or "Crazytown", but now he likes him? Could it be that Glenn is capitalizing on Ron's popularity, trying to be more friendly towards him?

I have always loved watching Glenn Beck's television program, as well as listening to his radio show, but I've lately had a great dissatisfaction with him. He seems disingenuous to me.

After saying that he's "rewriting Common Sense" (at least he says he was "inspired" by Thomas Paine), and going on a "Common Sense Comedy Tour", he ceases to hold my interest.

3 comments:

AdamS said...

Glenn Beck is the Establishment's fisherman.

He casts his line out there with liberty-flavoured bait, then when you bite, he takes you off the hook and throws you into the disinfo keep net.

WildWeazel said...

I appreciate Glenn's political views and generally agree with most of the points he makes, but I don't understand some of his antics. I remember during last year's primaries, when discussing Ron Paul's foreign policy in light of international situations, he said something to the effect of "this is why true libertarians are not viable candidates anymore". Soon afterward, long before the MIAC fiasco, he started acting like Ron Paul was his best buddy. Now he does seem like an honest- if overdramatic- commentator, so it could be that his opinions changed over the course of the election cycle. Or perhaps he meant the first statement simply as an observation rather than criticism, though that was not how it came across.

Unknown said...

Thank you, gentlemen!

Websites That Make This One Possible

Ideations of a Jayhawker: Blog Policies

Comments
No vulgar, obscene, vile, or inappropriate language or insinuation may be used, and comments are subject to editing or deletion at my own discretion.

Please use proper spelling, following the rules of grammar of the English language.

The elimination of comments due to an objectionable account image may also be used at my discretion. Links given in comments that direct one to a website containing evil or unsightly content will also be deleted at my discretion.

Advocating or promoting specific acts of violence isn't allowed, but the vitriolic spewing of rants and ravings is encouraged.

Content

Content found in this blog is public domain, and it may be used freely; permission to recreate is automatically given, I only ask that I be informed when it is copied on another website; though this is not required, it would be considered a kind gesture.

Content found at any other website that was linked to from this page is beyond my control. I strive to put out as little objectionable content as possible here, but if you do find something that you feel is inappropriate, please contact me via comment, and I will duly edit it to a degree I deem appropriate.

Quotes you may find are all sic, including spelling, grammar, etc.

Following
Followers of this blog are more than welcome, but if you have a website that routinely displays content that you wouldn't allow a child to view or read, do not follow this blog unless you have a blogger warning previous to entering your website.
Failure to do so may result in being blocked from the followers list.

A follower may also be blocked if your account image is found to be objectionable.