Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's Only Natural

“And [God] hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;” ~Acts 17:26

My faith is Christian, my book is the Bible; no more is necessary for daily life than this.

Many are confused about the meaning of the term “race”; the modern usage usually refers to the “color” of the skin. But, the original usage referred more generally to what might be called “people groups”. For example, one might speak of the Irish race as opposed to the “white” race, with the implication of both general appearance and national character.

It is natural for a nation of people to share common traits such as appearance and a general value system. It only makes sense.

When a nation doesn't maintain an all around consensus of these commonalities, a division is made, usually resulting in war or other cultural issues.

What we have in America isn’t natural; there are too many cultures here for one nation.
While the problem is helped by the decentralization of power in government, it isn’t solved.

It has gotten to the point where one cannot even read a simple product label at the store because he can’t find his own language. That’s a serious problem.

One nation should have one culture; every empire that has had more than one culture has fallen.
The divisions among nationalities are natural as well as biblical; God destroyed the tower of Babel because of man’s desire for world government: one tongue, one people, one government.

National divisions are God inspired.

It is natural for immigrants from their own land to come to another land and adopt the culture, but it is not natural for ten, twenty, or thirty different cultures to exist in one land.

My culture is American, my race is American, my creed is American.

I accept no other nation’s culture. This is natural.

My skin is not “white”, for if it was, I would be in the hospital.

All men are different shades of brown. All men. This is a scientific fact.

Some darker, some lighter; I'm somewhere between.
It matters not to me what shade a person is.

The answer to our cultural problems is not a “colorblind society”, but a Christian society; the kind of society spoken of by the founders of our country, and the Founder of my faith.

Generations ago, my ancestors came from the Celtic Nations, and over a couple hundred years came to be settled in the Ozarks region of America.

Over time, generation after generation, gene pool mixed with gene pool, and a set of characteristics and traits became that of my entire family. Black hair, blue eyes, these are just some of the family traits.

Why, I’ve got English, Irish, Spanish, Norwegian, Scottish, and Cherokee blood coursing through my veins, and still, I am of one blood.

Many nations, one blood.

But none of it matters, I have no sense of pride or prejudice.
I’m a Christian American, that's all that I am, and that's all that matters.
I don’t really care for anything other than my God, my family and my country; little more, nothing less.

Political Correctness and the promotion of race has ripped my nation apart, and I do not wish to further discuss my personal "race" or people group, and I do not wish for others on this blog to discuss their "race" or people group. The only mention of "race" you will see here is how our enemies use it against us as Christians and Americans.

We are all descendants of Adam.

I don't care what color a person is, I really don't.
I don't subscribe to that kind of group mentality, as it takes away from one's sense of individualism.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]." ~Ephesians 6:12

This is the object of my faith, and this is the object of this blog.

No comments:

Websites That Make This One Possible

Ideations of a Jayhawker: Blog Policies

Comments
No vulgar, obscene, vile, or inappropriate language or insinuation may be used, and comments are subject to editing or deletion at my own discretion.

Please use proper spelling, following the rules of grammar of the English language.

The elimination of comments due to an objectionable account image may also be used at my discretion. Links given in comments that direct one to a website containing evil or unsightly content will also be deleted at my discretion.

Advocating or promoting specific acts of violence isn't allowed, but the vitriolic spewing of rants and ravings is encouraged.

Content

Content found in this blog is public domain, and it may be used freely; permission to recreate is automatically given, I only ask that I be informed when it is copied on another website; though this is not required, it would be considered a kind gesture.

Content found at any other website that was linked to from this page is beyond my control. I strive to put out as little objectionable content as possible here, but if you do find something that you feel is inappropriate, please contact me via comment, and I will duly edit it to a degree I deem appropriate.

Quotes you may find are all sic, including spelling, grammar, etc.

Following
Followers of this blog are more than welcome, but if you have a website that routinely displays content that you wouldn't allow a child to view or read, do not follow this blog unless you have a blogger warning previous to entering your website.
Failure to do so may result in being blocked from the followers list.

A follower may also be blocked if your account image is found to be objectionable.