Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Word to the Wise

I have hitherto led a quiet, peaceable life.  Even now, I bear no burdens too heavy to carry.  The Lord has dealt lightly with me.  I don't always do or say the right thing, and I have occasionally been known to lose composure when I should have reacted with more thought or consideration, but I do try to keep an even keel, a tempered blade, and a level head.
I have been "wronged" by people before.  I've lost loved ones.  I've lost friends.  But, such is life!  The past should not control me, and I do not suffer from any ghosts from my past, nor am I "a victim" of any crime to my dignity.  Behavior, attitude, and passive aggression from others, I know, can negatively impact your emotions.  Even if it is one person on one occasion, it can affect the rest of your life.

Some use past events as excuses for otherwise inexcusable behavior.  They may even be legitimate excuses; I have known people who have been truly harmed by others, and it is not my place to quantify their experience.  What I do know, however, is that no matter what your story, no matter how many stripes are on your back or how many notches are on your gun, you can build off of them.  Learn from them.  Become stronger for them. Come closer to God because of them.  The truest, purest reaction to trouble in this life is to use it as a reason to lean more on His grace.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  ~Romans 8:28


No comments:

Websites That Make This One Possible

Ideations of a Jayhawker: Blog Policies

Comments
No vulgar, obscene, vile, or inappropriate language or insinuation may be used, and comments are subject to editing or deletion at my own discretion.

Please use proper spelling, following the rules of grammar of the English language.

The elimination of comments due to an objectionable account image may also be used at my discretion. Links given in comments that direct one to a website containing evil or unsightly content will also be deleted at my discretion.

Advocating or promoting specific acts of violence isn't allowed, but the vitriolic spewing of rants and ravings is encouraged.

Content

Content found in this blog is public domain, and it may be used freely; permission to recreate is automatically given, I only ask that I be informed when it is copied on another website; though this is not required, it would be considered a kind gesture.

Content found at any other website that was linked to from this page is beyond my control. I strive to put out as little objectionable content as possible here, but if you do find something that you feel is inappropriate, please contact me via comment, and I will duly edit it to a degree I deem appropriate.

Quotes you may find are all sic, including spelling, grammar, etc.

Following
Followers of this blog are more than welcome, but if you have a website that routinely displays content that you wouldn't allow a child to view or read, do not follow this blog unless you have a blogger warning previous to entering your website.
Failure to do so may result in being blocked from the followers list.

A follower may also be blocked if your account image is found to be objectionable.