Sunday, January 22, 2012

GOP, Meet RON

Mitt Romney is our only clear choice for President.  As Republicans, Santorums and Gingrichs come and go, but Romney is always there. Others roller-coaster their way through the polls, through the primaries, but Romney keeps on the straight and narrow path to the White House.  So, we should all just vote for him.

"But what about Ron P..."  *interrupts* That's enough of that kinda talk, stranger.  Ron Paul's a kook.  Don't bother me with facts or figures.  None of that there common sense. Don't tell me we can't afford the wars.  Don't tell me we can't print more money, because we can always print more, because that's what "more" means! Just let me have another drink of that propaganda-spiked kool-aid...

The preceding is what I get from every mainline Republican statist about the election.  It's on all the media, it's flowing from the mouths of the pundits.  It's everywhere.  You can't get a word in about Ron Paul without him being dismissed as crazy.  You may occasionally find the sympathetic Republican who will be so kind as to concede that Dr. Paul is spot-on about absolutely everything - except his darned foreign policy.  "Oh, bother!  We can't stop funding foreign dictators! What would that do to our national security?!?"  Please.

My commentary, at least for this post, shall only be as follows: Ron Paul is black coffee on a Monday morning to a very hungover GOP.  Another drink would help the headache, but that's not going to fix the problem.

Now that my blog has come out of retirement, expect more on this and other subjects. 

Ah, paragraphs... I missed you my friends.

No comments:

Websites That Make This One Possible

Ideations of a Jayhawker: Blog Policies

Comments
No vulgar, obscene, vile, or inappropriate language or insinuation may be used, and comments are subject to editing or deletion at my own discretion.

Please use proper spelling, following the rules of grammar of the English language.

The elimination of comments due to an objectionable account image may also be used at my discretion. Links given in comments that direct one to a website containing evil or unsightly content will also be deleted at my discretion.

Advocating or promoting specific acts of violence isn't allowed, but the vitriolic spewing of rants and ravings is encouraged.

Content

Content found in this blog is public domain, and it may be used freely; permission to recreate is automatically given, I only ask that I be informed when it is copied on another website; though this is not required, it would be considered a kind gesture.

Content found at any other website that was linked to from this page is beyond my control. I strive to put out as little objectionable content as possible here, but if you do find something that you feel is inappropriate, please contact me via comment, and I will duly edit it to a degree I deem appropriate.

Quotes you may find are all sic, including spelling, grammar, etc.

Following
Followers of this blog are more than welcome, but if you have a website that routinely displays content that you wouldn't allow a child to view or read, do not follow this blog unless you have a blogger warning previous to entering your website.
Failure to do so may result in being blocked from the followers list.

A follower may also be blocked if your account image is found to be objectionable.